Friday, June 02, 2006

The Beziers Curve

Some of you may know that I once walked out of a Quentin Tarantino movie because it was not violent enough.
It was 'From Dusk till Dawn', and the 'bad criminal' brother had just done something abominable. If the 'good criminal' brother had immediately shot him in the groin, and then in each kneecap, and the camera had lingered on his death agonies as he slowly thrashed about in a pool of his own blood, I would have stayed in the cinema. But his abominable deed went unpunished, so I left.
Unfortunately I cannot walk out of the world. Neither can I stop supporting the continued United States presence in Iraq- no alternative option has been canvassed by anyone that is not ludicrously stupid. I only hope that the United States will be violent enough. I would like to see immediate courts martial of the marines involved in the Haditha atrocities, followed by immediate executions. It would not be a bad idea to take a leaf from the Israeli book, and further punish these terrorists by dynamiting their family homes back in the United States. For these Americans are terrorists: deliberate users of lethal force against civilians for political ends. They should be dealt with swiftly and ruthlessly to show the world that American rhetoric means something.

3 comments:

Marco Parigi said...

That's all fine and good - but I don't understand the title of your post. How does the Bezier curve fit into it?

Dr Clam said...

Er... it is my pretentious new name for the slippery slope that leads to the conclusion 'kill them all, let God sort them out', named for the battle where these sentiments were first expressed.

Marco Parigi said...

Of course... I get it now. It's much more interesting knowing that.