Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Consummation Devoutly to be Wished

From Radio National, Augusat 7th:

Michael Duffy: Are there any rock lyricists or song writers that you particularly admire?


Mark Steyn: Funnily, there are, there's Sting. I think he writes very good songs and I once ran into him in London, and we were having...funnily enough, just like earlier, we were talking about PG Wodehouse lyrics who he knew about and was rather partial to. I said how much I had liked some of his early hits with the Police, like 'Every Breath You Take' and things like that, I said I was thinking of making an album called Songs for Stingin' Lovers where I was going to do great big swingin' big-band arrangements of Sting songs. The colour drained from his face and I think if I'd pursued it any further he would have contacted his lawyer, but I still have that as a project in the back of my mind somewhere.

1 comment:

winstoninabox said...

There's something rotten in the state of Mark Steyn's mind